Q: What are the criteria by which the foundation chooses scholarship?

A: The foundation chooses scholarship recipients primarily based on academic achievement, essay, recommendation letter, community activity, financial needs.

Q What is geographic area served by the foundation?

A: The whole U.S.

Q: Who can apply scholarships?

A: Korean descendents who are high school graduates or college students (not for graduate students).

Q: What information do I need in order to apply for Korean-American student?

A: You must provide a complete application form, a short essay, household federal tax return for the last year, official high school and college transcript of grades, and letter of recommendation from a professor(preferred) teacher, counsler, organizer officer or pastor, ect.

Q: How can I get an application form?

A: Download a form from the APPLICATION menu of this website or The Korea Daily website.

Q: When can I apply?

A: Application can be submitted generally from May to July each year, however the exact date may vary.

Q: When do I find out if my application has been accepted?

A: The scholarship selection committee will select recipients and will notify them. The names of scholarship recipients will be posted on the NEWS menu on this website and the newspaper of The Korea Daily.

Q: If application is not accepted, can I apply again the following year?

A: Yes, unsuccessful applicants may reapply again.

Q: Can I receive scholarship second time?

A: Yes, however, the applicant must show significant progress toward a degree and/or special community services.

Q: What is the annual award amount?

A: $2,000 per recipient.

Q: Are these awards available to non-Korean students?

A: Yes, if the applicant contributed to Korean community and shows academic achievements.

Q: Do I need to attend college full-time to be eligible?

A: Yes, however, part-time students may apply if the applicant takes at least 6 units and works more than 20 hours a week.

Q: Do I have to be a US citizen in order to apply for the scholorship?

A: Not necessary. Even if you dont have a greencard, you may apply with your parents tax report of the previous year.